SUBHASH MISHRA

Dhanbad, January 24: To increase household income level, Tata Steel Foundation (TSF), Jharia Division, on Tuesday distributed micro-enterprise tools to villagers in 10 villages in its lease area.

TSF officials said a distribution program took place in Jamadoba during which 36 selected beneficiaries received 27 sewing machines, one Xerox machine and eight handcarts.

“The aim of this initiative was to increase the household income level of beneficiaries in the region by Rs 5,000 per month. The Tata Steel Foundation will bear 75% of the cost of these machines, with the remaining 25% to be paid by the beneficiary,” the TSF official said.

ALSO READ: Partly cloudy skies and dry weather will prevail over Jharkhand

He further added that the Tata Steel Foundation (TSF), Jharia Division, has provided continuous support to promote alternative sources of income in different villages of the Jamadoba group, where local communities are largely engaged in mining. and mining-related occupation.

Based on a survey conducted by the Foundation, micro-enterprise has been identified as a key sector for an alternative source of livelihood in the Jamadoba group for the local community engaged in mining.

This project aims to provide micro-enterprises to improve the livelihoods of identified households. The Tata Steel Foundation, Jharia unit, also organized an MSME awareness camp in collaboration with the district MSME department, Dhanbad.

Source link

Leave A Reply